For small clients and advertisements with a limited budget, television stations usually offer to produce advertisements with minimal costs. They want to sell airtime, which is their source of income, so ad production is usually a secondary consideration. For large advertisements (advertisements from large companies), clients usually employ production companies because the budget provided is also large. They are willing to spend a lot of money to advertise their business products on television that lasts 30-60 seconds. Therefore, advertisements on television must be made with full calculation. In creating adverts for television media or ctv advertising, certain things must be done and which should not be done.
The following are 10 steps that must be considered in producing television advertisements so they truly effective and perform well:
1. Determine and understand exactly what you are selling or offering to consumers.
2. Set one or more reasons why consumers should buy the advertised product.
3. Determine what kind of ads will be produced, whether moving image ads, only in the form of text, and the like. Also, specify the type of music and background sound that will be used as background or narrative.
4. After the third step above, write a copy (text) for the ad.
5. Enter the picture according to words.
6. Determine the talent (actor) or model for the advertisement (if any). Adjust to the advertised product, meaning that if you advertise energy drinks products, of course, the chosen actor is a strong and agile figure.
7. When you have finished, try showing the ad plan to the client to comment on.
8. If there are still parts that do not fit, do the editing with the production company or television station.
9. Before the ad is 100% launched, it’s a good idea to test the audience following the target demographic.
10. Make changes according to the suggestions and input from the viewers.